Thursday, August 18, 2011

Expo Time!

Hi there!

I look forward to the Scrapbook Expo here every year.  I start thinking about my layouts and what to pack months in advance.  I even count down the days to registration.  Then a week before the event I realize I still have dozens of pictures to print, paper to choose and embellishments to pick out.  Two days before the event I just start throwing everything into my totes and hope for the best.  Depsite the stress before the event, I still always have  great time.  I can't wait to see what I end up coming home with this year!

I've been busy cranking out cards lately, and I haven't have much time to post.  So, before I go load up the car in preparation for the early crop tomorrow morning, here are a couple of cards I've done lately....


This was the card I made for my mom for her birthday.  I love how this card looked "live". The plain and patterned pink papers were printed from the Blossom cartridge on the Imagine. I wasn't much of a fan of the background papers on the Imagine before, but I'm growing to love them.  The scalloped oval came from one of the many cartridges I have, but now I can't remember!  :-)  The ice cream cone was from Sweet Treats. The sentiment is from Birthday Bash from PTI.  The bling is from Want 2 Scrap.

Want 2 Scrap is my favorite vendor at the Expo!  They sell packets of bling for $1.00 so this is usually my first stop.  Can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!


This next card started as a happy accident.  I was cutting the candy image from the Yummy cartridge and didn't realize I had the sizing wrong.  It was supposed to be 1.5 inches.  But, I liked it and decided I would use it eventually.  Days later I had a bunch of scraps sitting on the corner of my desk, and was inspired to put it all together.  I love the card!  For now it's sitting on my display shelf until I am ready to part with it.



It was cute enough -  but when I added the Stickles, it just made me happy!!


Well - I'm off to pack the car.  See ya soon!

Take Care,
Kim G

No comments:

Post a Comment