Sunday, December 16, 2012

Crafting Block

For the last several months I have had a severe creative block. Until it was time to start my Christmas cards, coming up with new ideas seemed more of a chore than the fun, creative outlet I've always enjoyed. Thankfully I've busted through it, and I'm ready to get back to work.  I've done a few cards while "on break" that I will post here over the next couple of weeks (including my Christmas cards once I know everyone has received them).

So - back to business!  Last weekend my sister and I finished our Christmas cards and then started working on some other holiday decorations.

Here are the ornaments Kristi made (we both just discovered the joy of rosettes!)


This year I decided to try out those disposable hand towels for Christmas Eve rather than having to change out a wet guest towel every hour or so (with 20+ people in our home, that's a lot of hand washing!) However, I found the box they come in to be rather boring. So...with a few pieces of patterned paper from DCWV, some letters cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridges and some leftover twine.....no more boring hand towel dispensers!

Before:


After:
 
 
More to come.  Happy Holidays!!!
 
 
Kim G


No comments:

Post a Comment