Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Bonanza

Hi Again Everyone!

LOT'S of birthdays this time of year!! I used to make a bunch of birthday cards a few times a year and send them out as a birthday rolled around. This year my interest in cards has really taken off so I wanted to start making cards that suit the individual wherever I could. I have two that I want to share. The first is for my husband who turned 40 today!

Most of the card stock on this card is from Stampin' Up and my scrap stash. The golfer was done on the Imagine using the All Sports cartridge.  The curvy background behind the golfer is from the Nifty Fifties cartridge (part of the Flamingo cut) and then run through the Swiss Dots Cuttle Bug folder.  The pattern layer is actually left over wrapping paper from his present!  I just loved the texture of this particular wrapping paper.






The second card is one of the most fun cards I ever made. Might be a bit, uh, "riske" for some, but I knew when I came across the picture on the front that I had the inspiration for this card for my friend Brandy. The card stock is from Stampin Up. The picture is from the Internet. There is another color photo on the inside of the card. I do not know the manufacturer of the bling on both sides of this center step card. The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Bash. The layers behind the photo are from the stock shapes on the Imagine.  In case it is not obvious, the man on the front is Jon Bon Jovi.






Hope you enjoyed these!

Take Care!
Kim G.

1 comment: