Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time Flies!

WOW!  It's almost the end of June!!  Happy Sunday Everyone!
I have a few things to post, and I'm so far behind!  I finished a major project today (with a lot of help from my mom, sister and cousins) - so I should be able to get to some challenges over the next week or two.

The first card is - believe it or not - a wedding invitation! I got a call from a woman I met at a birthday party for a friend of the family asking if I could put together something for her and her new husband's upcoming wedding. Actually, it was a blessing of the vows as they had a small ceremony earlier in the year. The event was to be for their immediate families and would include an afternoon at a water park. They wanted the invites to be something light an fun with a "join us for a big splash" type theme. This was a challenge for me because I had about a week and a half to design, get approval, and make the invites!  I like this one as it could easily be used for a birthday pool party too!


The card stock is all Stampin' Up and Bazill.  The waves, sun, and diver are from the Life's A Beach Cricut Cartridge.  The sentiment is printed directly on the card stock from my computer. Of course, the face on the sun is from PKS.

The next card was for my friend's baby shower.  The same friend whose invites, favors, and banner were posted last month. Her colors were pink, ivory, and chocolate, so I wanted to continue that theme. I am SO in love with silver mirror paper!! This paper is from World View - and it cuts like butter on the Cricut. The cuts on this card are from the New Arrival cartridge. The rest of the paper is from my scrap stash.  The pink ribbon is from a "by the yard" roll at my favorite local craft store (Memories and Beyond).



Thanks for joining me!


Kim G.

No comments:

Post a Comment