Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shiny Happy Birthday!

Hello!

Can you believe it's June already?  I can't believe how fast time goes now. It's also hard to believe it's been half a month since my last post!

My God Daughter Taylor turned 14 over the weekend, and I knew I wanted to once again use her favorite colors in her card. I started to use the Forever Young cartridge as it has so many cool cuts for girls and women of all ages - but going through a paper storage folder I forgot I had, I found this great blue mirror paper. It reminded me of the guitar of one of my favorite musicians (story for another time). So I pulled out the HM cartridge and paired the blue with a silver mirror kalidoscope paper to make the guitar.  So shiny I almost made one to keep!  I just LOVE shiny things!!  LOL!

I also found this small collection of colored wire that I forgot I had. Ribbon didn't seem to cut it here, so I twisted the blue and green wire together to add in place of ribbon. I like the texture it added.  Once again, I don't really know the manufacturers of the supplies - except the sentiment which is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Bash collection, and the border punch is from Fiskars.

Enjoy!

Kim G







No comments:

Post a Comment