Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cardz TV - "It's a Guy Thing" Challenge

Hi everyone!
On the day after Thanksgiving I waited in one of those long pre-dawn lines with other bargain hunting shoppers. I happened to be about the 50th person or so in line at Menard's, and was behind a person who works in my office. I commented that I hoped not too many people in front of me were after the $12.99 Cricut cartridges. His response?  "I don't really think you have anything to worry about there."  Ha ha ha!!  Never under estimate crafters looking for deals on Cricut cartridges!!  When I got to the cartridge section, hands and arms were flying trying to grab the limit of 8. I grabbed whatever I could and headed for the registers. When I took stock of what I actually grabbed, I was happy for the most part. However, I had no idea how I was going to use the "Hey Dude" cartridge.  Well.....

Thank goodness for my nephews!!!  Looking for a birthday card design for a 13 year old boy wasn't easy - and then I pulled out this cartridge and found inspiration!

For the Cards TV "It's a Guy Thing" challenge, I decided to pull the cartridge back out to make a card for my nephew who turns 9 next week. You can find all the details (and some terrific projects!) HERE



For this card, I used Bazzil card stock and papers from my scrap bin. Plenty of pop dots were used to make the cyclist appear to be jumping off the card. And because boys like to get dirty, I distressed the mat and inked the entire surface. The sentiment came from PTI.
 

Here is the one I made for my older nephew last month for his 13th birthday.



Enjoy!!

Take Care -
Kim G.

5 comments:

  1. Great cards for the boys, the distressing looks great on the cards! They are awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz Tv:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man had no idea did he? lol Good for you for getting a deal like that, I'm never in the right spot at the right time! I love your cards, and all that excellent distressing is perfect with the theme! You have a good writing style and I enjoyed reading your post too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards!! Just perfect for young guys!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'It's a Guy Thing' challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love these cards. I know my nephew would definitely agree. Thanks for joining us this week at CTS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great and just perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete