Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easel Card

Hi everyone!

I've seen so many really cute easel cards that I wanted to try it out for myself.  This one is actually my second attempt because - as seems to be the norm for me lately - I didn't take a picture of the first one.

I wish I noted the website where I got the inspiration, but some clever person out there had used the adorable roller skate cut from the Nifty Fifties cartridge, and I knew I needed to use it too.  Funny how I never notice some images on a cartridges until I see someone else use it in a way I never thought of.  I know no one roller skates now - but my friends and I did back in the day! :-)  Of course, we're talking 80's (not 50's).

I started wanting to use pink and purple- but then I remembered the really cool glitter paper I bought last summer. I don't know the manufacturer, but it's the best glitter paper I've ever seen. It's supper shiny but very smooth. The glitter doesn't rub off and it cuts like a dream in the Cricut.











The card stock is all Bazzil. The sentiments come from Fiskars. I added Diamond Stickles to the laces so they would shine line the skates. Too bad the glitter doesn't shine as much in the picture as it did in my scrap room!!

Take Care!

Kim G.

No comments:

Post a Comment