Sunday, May 1, 2011

Paper Doll House - You've Gotta Go!

Hi there!

This weekend, my sister Kristi and I went to the Paper Doll House in Sycamore, Illinois. The PDH is a super wonderful scrapbook retreat that I couldn't recommend more if I were a paid spokesperson! If you're looking for a great, relaxing place to get away and enjoy some uninterrupted crafting time, this is the place you need to go. From the moment I walked into the House, I felt welcomed and right at home. Actually better than "right at home" because I never had to cook, do dishes, or even pick up after myself. My car was unloaded and my stuff waiting at my workstation before the super-sweet owner Mary Kim finished giving us the tour.


The house itself has a rich and interesting history, which Mary Kim and Sheila were sweet enough to explain to us before we left. There is so much detail and many beautiful antiques that something new always catches your eye.

The large craftroom offers tons of space for each crafter and plenty of room for you to get organized so you don't waste time searching for things in your bags all weekend. Oh! And tons of extra lighting so even at 1:00 in the morning, you can still tell blush pink cardstock from barely pink cardstock. Plus, you have use of all their punches, scissors, cutting machines and more! It seems no detail is overlooked.

Food is always important when you're power crafting.  And Mary Kim has you covered here too. Each meal is home cooked right there on sight - and it is Fantastic!!!  I'm really going to miss the food tomorrow when I have to resume cooking at my house.

If you're looking for a relaxing, comfortable and welcoming place to craft and be pampered - book your stay now!!!  Click here to go to the Paper Doll Website.


Enjoy!!!

Kim G.

No comments:

Post a Comment